If you’re coming in for Wondergarden (or whenever!)
there’s a whole lot more to see
1. Ferry to Waiheke Island (link) on a Fullers 360 ferry (link) to wine and dine at a vineyard, or hit one of the luscious walking trails and take a fresh dip at one of the many sublime beaches.
2. For the taste bud enthusiasts, try some of Auckland's wordclass cuisine, from cheap eats to high end fair, Metro Eats can show you the way: (link to metro eats)
3. Visit Silo Park (link) for front row seats to Auckland's beautiful harbour, it's openair cinema, and for some delicious food, drinks and special entertainment. The summer programme is packed with goodies.
4. Take a short drive to Te Henga, Bethells Beach (link) and experience the stunning views of Auckland's rugged and wild West coast. Take a walk along the headland, a stroll along the black sand and a dip in the ocean.
5. Who doesn't like a cold drink in the sun? Enjoy some of Auckand's many bars run by great people. In the inner city, we love Madame George (link), Coco’s Cantina, Portland Public House (link), Galbraith’s (link), Whammy Bar (link), Wine Cellar (link)!
6. For a city that straddles a volcanic field, it's no surprise that so many people flock to climb Auckland's volcanos. Pack some walking shoes and hit the trail up Mt Eden/Maungawhau to Auckland's highest volcano and the most spectacular view of the city and harbour.
7. Enjoy some of our wonderful Māori culture by visiting the (free) Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki (link), as well as the Auckland Museum (link).
8.Get Spooked at Spookers (link)! New Zealand’s number 1 haunted attraction.
9. Leap off the harbour bridge (link), or fly off the Skytower (link). Adventure junkies, this is all for you!
10. Visit one of the radical record stores we have in town. The good people at Flying Out (link), Southbound Records (link) and Real Groovy (link) all are sporting a fine selection of the latest and greatest.